This department aims at providing its students a well-rounded and first-rate professional education that combines theory and practice in a guiding effort toward giving students a solid foundation for their future work. To achieve these goals, students should combine Applied English Studies with any subject from a range of combinations on offer at CIT. This Department stresses the following 5 areas:
- To enable students to successfully communicate with English native speakers by strengthening skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- To prepare students for the commercial fields by building introductory concepts of commerce.
- To provide introductory courses on Computer Information Systems to benefit students in their future careers.
- To develop multilingual professionals by requiring a second foreign language.
- To develop students' interpersonal communication skills and negotiation abilities.